A7ii Back Button Focus Question

Hi Guys, I recently got my new A7ii (first full frame camera) and i have setup back button focus. It is setup to allow me to focus when i have the AF/MF switch on and i press the button. I understand that if I focus on a point using back button focus then recompose the shot the focus stays as set, however if i want to manually track an object using back button focus if I press and hold the focus button would it continually focus on the moving object in AFS mode using back button focus?

Hope this is clear, its a bit difficult to describe as i am a bit new to this,,,

On 9/8/2018 at 7:04 PM, RagingBull said:

Hi Guys, I recently got my new A7ii (first full frame camera) and i have setup back button focus. It is setup to allow me to focus when i have the AF/MF switch on and i press the button. I understand that if I focus on a point using back button focus then recompose the shot the focus stays as set, however if i want to manually track an object using back button focus if I press and hold the focus button would it continually focus on the moving object in AFS mode using back button focus?

Hope this is clear, its a bit difficult to describe as i am a bit new to this,,,

No, its will only continue to track the object in your focus area in AF-C (autofocus continuous)