A7III How do I enable the live histogram on the EVF

Hello,

I have been unable to enable the live histogram on the A7III EVF, it works on the monitor only. In the menu the box is ticked to display it but still nothing there. I don't have this issue on my A7RII and can't find any reference to this issue online, help please!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it's all about the DISP button. Go to DISP, go to finder, the only one you want checked is the histogram. then go to your right and hit enter. I received my new a7 III a week ago and still figuring out a few program items and that was one of them. Though the EVF is live view it is still nice to confirm your not blowing out the highlights nor burying the shadows. 

• 4 months later...

Having recently bought an A7r III I had the same problem. The problem wasn't that it wasn't displayed, but that it was overlaid by two many other things. Go to Menu/Camera 2, and Disp is on page 5/9, I think. There are separate settings for the back screen and the viewfinder. Histogram is probably checked. Try unchecking everything else, then moving right and down to confirm. You can go back and forth to the Display settings to determine what else you want to see (one can't have both the level and the histogram for example).

Mike.

A little bit more on this for anyone else who is as slow as I seem to be (It's the white hair...). First of all, Disp is on Menu/Camera2, page 6, not 5.

Second, and this is true for the A7r III (don't know about others), on the back of the camera, on the main wheel, the top button says DISP. When I push that button, it toggles through the Display modes that I have set in the Menu. So, the menu options turn on/off what's shown in the viewfinder or rear LCD when pushing the DISP on the back of the camera. I mentioned that I can't show the level and the histogram simultaneously, but I can toggle between them by pushing the DISP button.

Mike.

• 6 months later...

Thank you Mike for the great information. I have been driving myself crazy trying to display my histogram! Just did what you said and it works perfectly. I don’t know how many videos I watched trying to figure it out and it was so simple. Thanks again

Edited by PlumbersCrack