Sony A7Rii Double Vision

I have always used Cannon products but recently got into a videographer position in my career and have heard that Sony was great for videos! I purchased a Sony A7RII and currently edit on a Macbook Pro using Premiere Pro CC. When I take the video and play it back on the camera, it looks great! However, whenever I upload to my computer most of my shots have the "double vision" look to them especially since I film a lot to do with sports. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this? 

Thanks,

Ashley

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here is just a screenshot of a scene in a video. It doesn't show up like this on my camera when I replay but only on the computer. 

Interesting. This looks like an "interlacing" issue, where the recording is done "interlaced", i.e. in half-frames of the even scanlines (2, 4, 6, 8, ...), then uneven scanlines (1, 3, 5, 7, ...), and the screenshot puts it all back together again. Between the first half-frame (the one with the even scanlines) and the second half-frame (the one with the uneven scanlines) the motion within the video has continued, creating this "Ghostery" impression.

The "double vision" effect in your screenshot is strongest where there is the most motion, i.e. the fingers of the person's right hand, and not visible at all where there was no motion, i.e. the candy on the tray.

So, in short, this looks like the interlacing setting during recording does not match the interlacing setting during playback.

Maybe this gives you a direction to do further research. Good luck.

Edited by Chrissie