Hello everyone. My name is Richard. I am new to the Sony community. I had Nikon for many years and recently switched over. I shoot just as a hobbyist. I like to take lots of family pictures, portraits, landscapes, cars and sports. Current gear: Sony a7R III, 24-70 2.8 GM, 70-200 2.8 GM also have the 2x teleconverter), Zeiss 35mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4 GM. Hope I can learn as much as I can from you guys!

Thanks, 

Richard

13 minutes ago, LiveShots said:

How do you like the 2x converter with the 70-200mm ? I've been thinking of getting one or the 1.5x

I was a little skeptical at first since I never used a teleconverter and there weren't many videos/reviews on YouTube with the 2x. I played around with it during my "Return" period to make sure it was something I was going to keep or return. I took random shots in the backyard as well as a zoom and I am very satisfied with it. Obviously adding the 2x will double up everything; the 200mm went to 400mm and the f/2.8 we to f/5.6. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159910151@N05/0u3pHJ

https://www.flickr.com/gp/159910151@N05/6Bc630

At 400mm f/5.6, if its really bright out, you can get some decent shots with nice blurred background. Pics are still pretty sharp in my opinion. If your're not sure, rent it before buying it.

Hope this helps!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here’s another random shot at 400mm f/5.6.  Of course it’s nothing professional but you the idea. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!