Lens unreliability? 16-50mm kit lens

PeterMac

I have just had to dump a 16-50mm kit lens originally purchased for my (then) a6000 due to ‘jamming in it’s open position’ for the second time. I had  previously sent it for repair and service after the same issue right at the time of purchase on eBay. I then Googled the problem and was alarmed to see lots of similar reports. As someone who has a) never had a lens failure, and b) just moved over entirely from Canon ‘big’ cameras to Sony Alpha - I hope that this is not a repeatable trend of ‘Sony lens unreliability’. Reassure me please!!

Mai  avuto  nessun problema  con  questa  lente.     Piccolo  ma  robusto,    funziona  ancora  bene ?

Economico,  leggiero,   e   migliore  di  quanto  si  dice  in  giro.

Dipende  dove  lo  si  acquista  (se  lo  compri  on  line  potrai  trovarlo  di  qualita'  scadente.....in  negozio  importante  di  fotografia  90 su  100  e'  di  buona  qualita') 

Saluti.

Sorry, I cannot confirm this!  It may be possible, that there is an lag of quality controls of this kitlens, so called Moday product!

I can state, that I have bought an good copy from a good photo Buddy in new condition for 130 Euro!

Fact is, that the A6000 Body correct's in JPG internally most of the optical problems!   I can make razor sharp panorama shots hand held without any problems!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by OPAL