Alpha 5000 / Program shift won't turn off

Hi there, 

I'm new to this forum as I'm new to the Alpha world.

Since I started to discover my a5000 a very strange/annoying thing came to my attention:

In (P) mode the camera has the option to influence the pre-determined settings for shutter speed and aperture just by turning the multi functional dial. Very handy. The manual says that this so called "program shift" is then indicated in the display with a small asterisk next to the P. Hence the displays reads P*. To switch it off and to make the asterisk go away we have to turn the dial back - whatever that means. It's unclear in the manual in both English and German version.

Actually, no matter what I do, the display always reads P*. Whether I set it to another mode and than back to P or switch it off and on again. Even a factory reset didn't help. Always P*.

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks a lot

RIN

• 1 month later...

Hi RIN,

I have 4 different Sony cameras and in all cases Program Shift mode (indicated by P*) is cancelled when either the mode dial is turned to something other than P (including back to P) or the camera is switched off.  It sounds like your a5000 is doing something "unexpected".

Not what you wanted to hear, I guess !

Regards, J-TKA