Does the A7RIII come with a screen protector?

Hi everyone.

I finally made the jump from Nikon D810 to the fantastic A7RIII and couldn't be happier with my decision. 

I want to place a glass screen protector, but it seems to me that the camera already has a plastic protector installed.

Is what I am seeing an actual plastic screen protector or is that how the screen looks with a slight sharp lip (not sure if it comes across in the attached image)?

I'm asking to know if I should peal that off or if it's part of the screen and install the glass protector over it.

Thank you 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

12 minutes ago, keepcoding said:

So yes, there is already a screen protector on the LCD.

But it is still better to add an additional protector while the screen is still scratch free.

Got it, thank you for your reply. I'll just install it over that one. 

than

22 minutes ago, Lescatalpas said:

No, don't try to peel! You need to buy a protector. I have had a cheapo, but now a sony protector, which adheres better and feels a little thicker. 

Thanks for your reply, I'll install it over the plastic one. 

This is a little confusing,

neongraph: Is what I am seeing an actual plastic screen protector?

Lescatalpas: No, don't try to peel!

keepdocing: [video showing the original plastic sheet protector that can be replaced with nice results]
keepdocing: But it is still better to add an additional protector while the screen is still scratch free.

Q1: The video is of a 7RM2 but the question is about a 7RM3. Is this the cause of confusion?

Q2: My 7RM3 has a scratched screen, which I'd like to fix. Should I proceed as in the video or as Lescatalpas suggests, which would preserve the scratches in the current protector under a second protector?

(What looks like a plastic sheet on my screen isn't on quite straight.)

Edited by thefsb

Guest Jaf-Photo

Once the anti-reflection coating has been rubbed off, putting an additional protector on top of it won't help much. You'll have to replace the cover, which is not a home fix or anything you should try while the warranty is valid.