New A7 III keeps locking up

Making the switch from Canon to Son A7 III, new to this forum and I could use a little bit of help!  I have the camera set up so that the shutter is not used for focusing. I am using continuous auto focus with face detect.  For random sequences, the camera will freeze for about 20 seconds, and then take a photo.  Any thoughts? I truly appreciate the help!

Could it be this ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for the reply.  I went into the menu and changed it from AF to release (balanced emphasis is not available with this lens, canon 24-70 with the mc-11)  The very first photo I tried to take, I pressed the shutter and the screen in the viewfinder froze and there was  a 5 second pause before the shutter fired.

I've only used Sony and manual lenses on Sony cameras.

But I have twice on my 7RM3 managed to engage the self timer without trying. Very confusing. This introduces a pretty big delay.

In any case, try setting everything to manual and see if that eliminates the delay. If it does, it's likely something to do with AF settings.

Guest Jaf-Photo

MC-11 is designed to support specific Sigma lenses only. Some Canon lenses will of course work to varying degrees, depending on the lens, the camera and the firmware version. Look around forums to find out which firmware version works best with your lens/camera combo. The latest version is not always the best for a specific lens.