A57, Shutter releases, but cursor and ok button dont work

Hi,

I have A57 for last 4 years (hence out of  warranty)and been suing is nicely until last year it was slipped form the wall hanger at 2 ft high (though in its bag, came with purchase sony A57)

its button ( ok button, cursor , delete button etc just dont respond) but shutter is releasing and am able to click pic.) i tapped it hard twice and switch it on and off few times it started working fine,  I showed it to service center, but nothing he could see  and had no problem till last week. it was kept away for 4-6 weeks or so,  then gain same issue came up.  the menu options on the screen were also absent and after switching it twice on and off display came but as soon as i turned the lens down, display went away. and i had to slap it hard 3-4 times and then with switch on and off to get it gain rolling.

i dont understand what the issue, and one its active it dont show the same glitch. 

pls suggest.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:10 PM, Makeev said:

There may be a problem in the drive of the diaphragm. After shot the motor does not return back and the camera displays an error.

Thank you for your reply, but it happens only in the start after a gap (of week weeks), once its getting rolling its works fine...after the initial hiccups,  i was able to carryout the entire shoot lasting 2 hrs no issues. 

Guest Jaf-Photo

Getting it fixed outside of warranty will cost more than buying a replacement. People are dumping their APS-C A-mount cameras so you can find any camera up to A68 really cheap.

3 minutes ago, Jaf-Photo said:

Getting it fixed outside of warranty will cost more than buying a replacement. People are dumping their APS-C A-mount cameras so you can find any camera up to A68 really cheap.

Thank you, that's an another option.......by the way, what price range we are talking about?

Guest Jaf-Photo

I'm sure you can find something for around $100. There's not really a set price range for used A-mount cameras in the consumer range. A lot of people bought them in the sale and ended up never using them. Now, they're selling them for whatever they can get for them.

• 4 weeks later...