A6300 won't start up - screen flashing

Hey Sony Alpha family,

I recently just formatted a card in the camera & since then the screen has been flashing upon start up & non of the buttons are responsive. I took out the card to see if that was causing the issue, but starting up with the battery alone has the same effect. Screen kept flashing & I could not do anything with the camera. When I turned it off, the flashing just continued.

Anyone else experienced this before?

22 minutes ago, LiveShots said:

Try removing the battery for a hour or so, then if possible try with a different battery and no card and see if there is any change.

I have heard of issues with fake cards that can corrupt a camera, have you used this card before ?

Hey Liveshots

I left the camera w no battery/card for 24 hours yesterday already. Also tried w 3 different batteries & same situation.

The card was a standard 64 Kingston and never had any problems. However, I did run a file recovery software on it recently to get some deleted files. I also dumped some footage on a PC right before I formatted it in the camera...My biggest guess is something to do with the PC computer.

Make sure the shutter button is not stuck down…

One other thing to try; It has worked for others when their A6x000 has failed:

1. With the camera off, remove the battery.

2. Turn the camera on (without the battery) and push ALL buttons TWICE consecutively then move on to the next button.

3. Turn off, replace battery then turn on.

Edited by LiveShots

• 9 months later...