A7Riii raw file issues on camera and computer

Hi all,

I just upgraded my A7Rii to a A7Riii and shot with it over the past week and am having issues with my compressed raw files.

at first it was not loading some of the images to preview on camera and also it would not recognize a Sony memory card as compatible storage.  after switching cards it was allowing me to preview on camera but when I got home it would not preview or load with lightroom or any other software.  I'm up to date with camera and and adobe CC software and i just tested and jpeg files are working.  Was trying  seeing if anyone else has had this issue at all?  Wondering if the camera has bad firmware or software or something like that.  Hoping to find an answer here before contacting Sony or B&H who I bought the camera from.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Edited by wanderlustnick

Does you version of Lightroom and Adobe support the A7RIII?

Things to try if you have not already; reformat the SD card in your new camera and take some compressed and uncompressed RAW and see if any of them work..

Try downloading the trial version of CaptureOne and see if you can view the RAW files there.

13 hours ago, LiveShots said:

Does you version of Lightroom and Adobe support the A7RIII?

Things to try if you have not already; reformat the SD card in your new camera and take some compressed and uncompressed RAW and see if any of them work..

Try downloading the trial version of CaptureOne and see if you can view the RAW files there.

I'm fully up to date on all adobe products and I had read in another post that they had a fix for previous a7riii raw files in a lightroom/adobe update from late last year.

will try capture for existing images and reformat cards and see if that helps.

5 hours ago, Jaf-Photo said:

Indeed. It sounds like compound issues of bad card and out of date processing software.

the software on the camera is fully up to date and the cards work with my a9 

do either of you have any idea how to recover the images of none of this works out?

Guest Jaf-Photo
18 minutes ago, wanderlustnick said:

I'm fully up to date on all adobe products and I had read in another post that they had a fix for previous a7riii raw files in a lightroom/adobe update from late last year.

will try capture for existing images and reformat cards and see if that helps.

the software on the camera is fully up to date and the cards work with my a9 

do either of you have any idea how to recover the images of none of this works out?

Deleted, see below.

Edited by Jaf-Photo

Guest Jaf-Photo

I think you will solve it with the advice from LiveShots. When you move cards between different cameras without formatting, some files won't read. But they haven't gone anywhere.

You don't mention which versions of Adobe products you have so you'll have to look up their their info on supported cameras by yourself.

4 hours ago, Jaf-Photo said:

I think you will solve it with the advice from LiveShots. When you move cards between different cameras without formatting, some files won't read. But they haven't gone anywhere.

You don't mention which versions of Adobe products you have so you'll have to look up their their info on supported cameras by yourself.

Oh man soooo when I went to check my software version I realized I was using my old lightroom classic not lightroom classic cc. switched to lightroom classic cc and the files are work...DOH such a idiot.  Going to try reformatting the cards and see if that fixes on camera issue.

Boy is my face red right now, can't believe I didn't check that before asking for help.

Thanks for the help and your time!