Mysterious Blue/Purple Spots on Photos

First time posting. Last night I was taking photos of my wife's tennis team. Today I downloaded them to my PC and, to my dismay, they all had blue/purple dots running across each frame. The dots are identical in every photo. I've taken thousands of photos with my a6500 and SEL18200 and this is the first time this has happened.  

Today, I tried different settings, different SD cards, and even a manual Nikon lens w/adapter but the dots remained.

The a6500 firmware is V1.05 and the lens is V02.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can offer a solution to this problem. Thank you.

You can see the dots in the attached photo that I just took.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Jaf-Photo

Wow, that's a first.

How do you transfer the files to your computer?

Have you tried opening the files directly from the card with Sony Imaging Edge? It's slow but it handles colours on Soy files really well.

As it seems, this issue started all of a sudden, after taking "thousands of shots" as usual.

According to the TO, it's independent of memory card, lens and/or body setting. Firmware of body and lens seem to be unchanged, too.

I regret to say: this seems to be a hardware issue of the body. I would send it in for evaluation and possibly: repair.

56 minutes ago, Chrissie said:

As it seems, this issue started all of a sudden, after taking "thousands of shots" as usual.

According to the TO, it's independent of memory card, lens and/or body setting. Firmware of body and lens seem to be unchanged, too.

I regret to say: this seems to be a hardware issue of the body. I would send it in for evaluation and possibly: repair.

I initialized the camera today and the "dots" are still there. I talked to Sony customer service (no help) but they gave me the link to the service center. The link for new repairs is down. I'll try again tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Jaf-Photo said:

Wow, that's a first.

How do you transfer the files to your computer?

Have you tried opening the files directly from the card with Sony Imaging Edge? It's slow but it handles colours on Soy files really well.

I downloaded the SD card directly to my PC using the built-in card reader.  

18 hours ago, LiveShots said:

Do the dots show up if you review the shots in camera?

Yes.