Drive mode on A7RIII changes randomly on it's own

Hi All! Does anyone else have this issue? I almost never use any drive mode but single shot. Occasionally ill use hi speed multi but it's rare and I have never set it to bracketing since I always shoot RAW and see what I'm getting in the viewfinder. With this said I frequently take a shot only to find it taking three bracketed shots. Sometimes it is on high speed  continuous, sometimes it is on self timer mode and just a little while ago it was on self timer bracketing, I get annoyed, reset it only to have it happen again. As I was typing this I checked and it made it's way back to bracketing. Except for this I love the camera. I have the A7RII, A7II and A7III in addition to this and it doesn't happen to any of them. The A7III has an issue that may be a setting or may be a glitch but it isn't nearly as frustrating. I'll put that as a separate topic if I can't find a resolution first. Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Keith

Now this is strictly from my personal experience...

I'm relatively new to my a7r3 and have experienced occasional unintended, and frustrating, setting changes... and not just drive mode. After examining my handling of the camera more closely I have come to the conclusion that in each case the setting change stemmed from user error. Coming from a Nikon system I had become used to the greater separation of buttons and controls. From this perspective the smaller a7r3 has proven to be a challenge to master, particularly after attaching my accessory battery grip that adds several duplicate controls that I can accidentally press!

I am making headway and have since become more comfortable handling the camera. Enjoying it very much. 

Edited by Bokehbobo
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like it was just the thumb wheel was getting pressed accidentally to the left which is a shortcut for drive setting. That hadn't happened to that setting on any of my other cameras. I deactivated it and we are golden. I rarely change the drive speed so I don't need it that easy to access.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the delayed response. Traveling with the family and sporadic internet.

• 3 years later...

Hi,  my camera has the same issue recently. But I guess today I found a reason. 

I was shooting video today,  and I noticed,  that battery was sucked too fast.  In 10 minutes of being switched on it lost 40% of energy. I recorder only two minutes of video in total.  And during that time I had that issue (randomly switching modes)  at least two times.

So I replaced the battery and the bug has gone.  I marked that battery with a sticker,  so I'll keep observing the problem.  Now I'm 99% sure it's a batrtery issue,  because as well as I remember,  the problem always disappears after replacing the battery to another one.  And,  yes,  I use Sony A7R3

Hopefully that helps!