rthomaslyons

Forum for older Sony Alpha cameras

Are there users here that are running Sony a99 and A550 cameras. These are the  two cameras I use and I have  questions on how to use them  best for fill lighting shooting and outdoor wedding for example. I using the Zeis 24-70 2.8 in the a99 with a Sony HVL-F32M Flash and a prime 50 mm 1.4 on the  a550 with a  Sony HLV-42AM Flash

2 hours ago, stlbobby said:

A99 guy right here.

I wish when i had the coin i woud have snagged that lens,nice piece of glass right there.

Have you ever updated the firmware on your A99 since the original?

no i have not.and heres why unless updates are made to address a certain issue im not for doing it for the sake of doing it.look at how many times Microsofts innocent updates caused huge problems..

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2020 at 8:42 PM, stlbobby said:

look at how many times Microsofts innocent updates caused huge problems

But thankfully, Microsoft did not make your camera.  You'd need to point to Sony doing that to cameras: that would be relevant.

Although, on the whole I do sympathise with a policy of not doing unnecessary firmware updates just because they are there, but only if there is actually  relevant fix or desired functionality in them there release notes

Edited by Thad E Ginathom