a6500 exposure malfunction. Answers/solutions?

I purchased a Sony a6500 last December and I've loved using it (aside from the battery life). So far, I've used it quite a few times to conduct interviews for short documentaries or promotional work. I've conducted many interviews without issue, until now. Since I'm often working alone, I set the camera up, adjust the exposure and focus properly, and then move away from the camera to sit down and ask questions after pressing record - I always shoot interviews in complete manual mode for ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. This time I was using the Sony G- f4/18-105 lens, it was very cloudy so I had the aperture set at (f4), shutter speed around 1/200ish, and ISO I always keep as low as I can at 100. When I pressed record, the interviews were properly exposed, slowly throughout the image became brighter and brighter. By the 9-min mark, the image is so over-exposed that it is useless, and I discovered this when uploading to my computer. Is this some kind of manufacturer malfunction, is it common, or am I now unknowingly doing something drastically wrong that I wasn't before? I've attached a couple screen shots of the moment I pressed record, to the moment I stopped recording - 9:16 to show you how drastically the exposure changed. Thank you for taking the time to help out!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks again,

Dan