Radio trigger for Alpha?

Please elaborate on 'any wireless trigger'.as I said I use the infra red remote which isn't good enough. The app is ok but the problem is I can't use the camera to switch between drive modes whilst using the app. I need to disconnect and then change the mode and then I can't use the app to shoo Bracketed anyway. It's too cumbersome and not efficient.

A simple radio trigger that triggers the camera is all I need, and I would like to be able to use the camera itself to change settings at the same time. Something the app won't allow.

Thanks

Please elaborate on 'any wireless trigger'.as I said I use the infra red remote which isn't good enough. The app is ok but the problem is I can't use the camera to switch between drive modes whilst using the app. I need to disconnect and then change the mode and then I can't use the app to shoo Bracketed anyway. It's too cumbersome and not efficient.

A simple radio trigger that triggers the camera is all I need, and I would like to be able to use the camera itself to change settings at the same time. Something the app won't allow.

Thanks

infrared it not a wireless system its high frequency light 

infrared it not a wireless system its high frequency light 

Well, "wireless" first of all means: there's no wire involved. In that sense infrared definitely qualifies as "wireless". As does radio frequency transmission. You can even transmit information across a distance wirelessly by using miniscule variations in air pressure. That's called "voice control".  :P

Guest Jaf-Photo

The playmemories remote works differently on different cameras. On my cameras I can at least use the buttons and dials to change basic settings. So, I find it useful.

The radio triggers are less handy because you need a receiver that goes into the hotshoe.

I sometimes use a Hahnel trigger but that's when I trigger by light, sound or breaking a beam. For other uses, I find an IR trigger or the app just fine.