Sony A9 is coming in February. Please post some of your "Imaginary" designs here.

SAR_admin

imaginary huh? ok here goes....

1...3 dimensional sensor, that allow anyone to walk into the taken image.

2...warp speed driven focusing and tracking that can also detect black matter.

3...Triple quad core flux capacitor driven processing

4...Fusion reactor driven power source

and finally , most important,

5..makes the toast with marmalade ready for you when one wakes up .

if I have left anything out please feel free to add :D

People are talking about more 36 and 50MP but I actually want the A9 to have less MP.

- 16MP is the magic number for me, I don't know many professionals doing 36mp landscape shots for big dollars, maybe the occasional 36mp for studio photos... but I know of a lot of wedding, event, and journalists who are pressing that shutter button and need great AF, low buffering, and amazing sports ISO/light sensitivity.  

- 2 SD Memory slots

- Better battery life, but that seems to be a problem the a77, a99, and the a7 series all share. The battery drain of the electrical systems is just phenomenal at times.

I expect to see Wifi and the tilting screen disappear-- but if it were to keep this... I'd be a happy man. 

People are talking about more 36 and 50MP but I actually want the A9 to have less MP.

Personnaly I'm hoping for a 50Mpx (that I absolutely would not need, my sweet spot is between 20 and 24) because I want to see an A9S with 50Mpx / 2 = 25Mpx, wich would be perfect for me, so in a way, I'm with you, I want less Mpx, a 25Mpx S version would be awesome.

My main wish is sensor shift, similar to what Hasselblad have announced and what Olympus are rumoured to be introducing. Now that Sony have 5-axis IBIS it should be relatively easy, and yield a much higher increase in resolution/detail than going from 36Mp to 46Mp or whatever.

My second wish, but I know it is not going to happen is for the A9 to work well with legacy lenses, including with RF wides.

Lots of other goodies would be nice too, like electronic shutter, on-sensor AF for &6000-type speed, etc...

- 16MP is the magic number for me, I don't know many professionals doing 36mp landscape shots for big dollars, maybe the occasional 36mp for studio photos... but I know of a lot of wedding, event, and journalists who are pressing that shutter button and need great AF, low buffering, and amazing sports ISO/light sensitivity.  

- 2 SD Memory slots

- Better battery life, but that seems to be a problem the a77, a99, and the a7 series all share. The battery drain of the electrical systems is just phenomenal at times.

I expect to see Wifi and the tilting screen disappear-- but if it were to keep this... I'd be a happy man. 

It is simple to put different sensors in the same body which Sony actually did with A7/R/S. So I expect the A9 also in different modifications.

imaginary huh? ok here goes....

1...3 dimensional sensor, that allow anyone to walk into the taken image.

2...warp speed driven focusing and tracking that can also detect black matter.

3...Triple quad core flux capacitor driven processing

4...Fusion reactor driven power source

and finally , most important,

5..makes the toast with marmalade ready for you when one wakes up .

if I have left anything out please feel free to add :D

You left to suggest CaNikon to do something innovative... :lol: 

You left to suggest CaNikon to do something innovative... :lol: 

Canikon ? where are they? (must be making the toast) :P

When and if  they produce a full frame mirrorless then we can compare , until then i  do not consider them in this category,

and i do not understand how people compare a7r to a d800 or whatever , its like comparing a mini to a Sherman tank .

I would be happy with an a7s m2 with a 24/36 mp sensor in a Fuji Xt1 body and make it more adaptable , dual cards/ able to use external power source on the go etc,

• 1 month later...

Bildschirmfoto2013-11-18um164220_zps3ea3

Now we are all 100% sure Sony will announce a new PRO E-mount FF named "A9". Would be nice if you could share your imaginary Sony A9 designs here :)

This, with A/P, Exp.comp. dial, IBIS,an ability to use M lenses without the grief,minimal buttons on the rear, save all the tomfoolery for the computer PP. If you're gping to copy Leica design, be faithful. :)

"Do you really belive in A-Mount and new technology?"

Technology's got very little to do with the lens mount. Registration/flange length means A-mount cameras will never be as thin as E, but that's about it. Longer registration makes for lower angles, easier technology and better resolution at the edges of FF. The revenue's in E mount, so that's where the development money is going. But, bet that the goodies introduced in E cameras will migrate to A. Sony's done a good job spreading their technology across their product line, and doing it a lot faster than CaNikon.

The A7, A7ii cycle time has left some heads spinning. Only question is whether Sony will stall long enough to maximize A7ii sales before releasing the iiR and iiS. I'd bet not because their target is breaking the CaNikon market stranglehold. With EVF, the choice of imitation pentaprism or rangefinder is trivial, so features between those models will proliferate too. Looks like IBIS drove the thickness change in the A7ii, so that's likely going to happen to other bodies.

A-mount will live, just with a limited selection of bodies: entry and semi pro APS-C, and flagship full frame. SLT will bite the dust for EVF, just a question of when. Maintaining A-mount is easy, cheap, preserves a big installed base without cannibalizing E mounts, and covers a flank.

My main wish is sensor shift, similar to what Hasselblad have announced and what Olympus are rumoured to be introducing. Now that Sony have 5-axis IBIS it should be relatively easy, and yield a much higher increase in resolution/detail than going from 36Mp to 46Mp or whatever.

My second wish, but I know it is not going to happen is for the A9 to work well with legacy lenses, including with RF wides.

Lots of other goodies would be nice too, like electronic shutter, on-sensor AF for &6000-type speed, etc...

shift sensor is usable only with tripod.

How can it be really useful?

my idea: not very much. It is OK for landscape, studio, but for portrait or street shots not so good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curved FF sensor with curved sensor adapter to adapt all existing E-mount lenses, and accept LA-EA4 to accept those stellar A-Mount Zeiss primes..
IBIS would be nice too.
Offset viewfinder similar to the NEX bodies/A6000 or digital rangefinder.
Snap-on 'production-grip' for additional features such as additional processing power for inbuilt 4k or 8k TA-3 audio connectors CFast cards, high throughput interface for monitors or additional production devices. 
Full water resistance.
Silent global shutter -no moving parts. 
Solid magnesium shell. 
Price under $4500.

• 3 weeks later...

24Mp hybrid CMOS with global shutter

IBIS with fast multi-shot 50+mp resolution mode (this could should work at usable speeds with a global shutter)

Flash sync any speed

Improve on the A6000 AF abilities

Video: Full 6k readout down sampled to 4k at FF, UHD at APS-C/S35mm crop, 1080P at 16mm crop

No viewfinder hump—NEX style layout

KEEP THE SAME FLIPPY SCREEN (not a fan of the fold out screen on Panasonic/Canon)

• 2 months later...

No sony alpha 9 yet....

A professional (more solid build) alpha E-mount is missing. Especially as the range of E-mount lenses is increasing and there are also many adaptable lenses.

Is the alpha 9 just a rumor or is it more than this?

Has anyone an idea?