Sigma f2.8 primes or the Sony’s

Hi all I have finally sold my Nikon’s and bought a Sony A6000 !!!

I now need help with glass ! I was going to get the Sigma f2.8 primes 19mm,30mm and the 60mm but I have noticed that I could get the Sony 30mm macro and the Sony 50mm f1.8 along with the 19mm sigma instead.

Has anyone used the 30mm macro to shoot portraits with as in that focal length that’s what I’d use it for but as it’s a macro as well I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone as they say ?

I understand I lose PDAF across the frame with the sigmas too.

What would you suggest ? Please know these are my only options cost wise, I cannot afford the GM series

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've owned the 30mm and 60mm from Sigma. The 60mm is one of the best lenses I've ever tested. It simply stunning, almost without any optical flaws and for an excellent price. On the other hand the Sony 50mm offers a faster aperture, and the PDAF. Unfortunately I have never owned the 50mm myself, so I cannot compare it directly to the Sigma.

The Sigma 30mm is good but not stellar, I guess you could go for the Sony instead.

[edit] I realize it's been a month since you asked this question. Let us know how you decided ;-)