Experience with Sigma or Tamron 100-400mm with MC-11?

Hi

I was wondering if there is anyone here who has experience with either the Sigma 100-400 contemporary or Tamron 100-400 lense together with the MC-11 adapter. How good is the AF? How is the image quality compared to the Sony 100-400 GM?

Cheers,
keepcoding

Quick answer. I tried the sigma 150-600 with the sigma adapter. The tracking speed for autofocus was not good enough by far. The sony 100-400GM is excellent in both autofocus and IQ. The body I used for the tests was the a7RIII. I don't know about the 100-400 sigma or tamron, it is just my experience.

Nicolas

Quick answer. I tried the sigma 150-600 with the sigma adapter. The tracking speed for autofocus was not good enough by far. The sony 100-400GM is excellent in both autofocus and IQ. The body I used for the tests was the a7RIII. I don't know about the 100-400 sigma or tamron, it is just my experience.

Nicolas

Did you do some more thorough comparison by any chance? What about single AF in low light? Also, was the latest firmware installed on the lens and the MC-11 adapter?