download to computer on A9

Hello,

Can someone tell me the fastest way to download raw photos from a Sony A9 to a Mac computer. I am using the multi/micro USB port on the A9 and using the cable that came with the camera. It is oh so slow and I keep thinking I am missing something that must be faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pozos

Hello,

Can someone tell me the fastest way to download raw photos from a Sony A9 to a Mac computer. I am using the multi/micro USB port on the A9 and using the cable that came with the camera. It is oh so slow and I keep thinking I am missing something that must be faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pozos

A while ago I did some tests on the various transfer rates. Jaf-Photo is right: A Card reader is the fastest way to go.

Card reader. Definitely a card reader. Only time I ever hook the Sony to computer is for updating or tethering. File transfers are always via a reader but make certain you get one that allows WRITE access to file names. A Vivitar one I have won't let you alter the name or individually delete from card whereas a writeable version will. (You'll need to trash it then EMPTY the trash or else it still remains on the card. If you don't empty trash the next time card is inserted you'll discover it still in the trash.) The 'Yes' version comes in different manufacturer packaging but the guts are ALL identical. The $30 version is the same as the $7 one. I shoot to 128 & 256 GB cards and connecting the Sony having a full card would take forever.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!