Full Frame or Just APS-C

Taher Abouraya

Due to cervical problems, and in order to reduce weight and size, I opted to switch to the Sony APS-C mirrorless system after a life full of Hasselblads, Linhof, Leica, Canon and Nikon. I now have the Sony A-6000, Nex-7 and Nex-5 (the 5 was the starter sample) in addition to a group of lenses whether Sony E mount, adapted A Mount and adapted Canon AF.

I cannot stop myself from thinking about a full frame camera (maily A7 or A7ii) due to the fact that the body is not much chunkier than the APS-C. I am worried that the package of the full frame with a 24-70 (which I already have) or the 28-70 kit lens may bring me back a heavy and large gear.

Can any body give me his thoughts about it in view of the fact that this is only a hobby for my own passion.

No not really to the contrary as I have developed the set of lenses, especially the wide angle zoom Sony 10-18. As I said, I have the Sony 24-70/4.0 which is encouraging me for that addition. It will not be a "switch", it will be an "addition". I really do not "need it", I kind of "want it".

My question is about the size and weight as this is a main concern due to some health issues with my cervical spine.

Guest Jaf-Photo

The A6000 with APS-C lenses is so light, it's hardly noticeable to carry. The A7 cameras are larger, heavier and more angular. They are noticeable to carry. However, a neoprene sling strap is very good at distributing the weight while you carry, so that may be an option.