A7r shots from DJI octocopter, the alien landscape of White Pocket, AZ

digitalsteve

Drove 1600 miles round trip (about 4 hours of it off-road) to visit White Pocket, AZ. A very strange alien planet type landscape. These shots were taken with my Sony A7r, sony 35mm 2.8, ISO 800, f5.6, that I mounted to my S1000 octocopter.

More can be seen on my personal facebook page https://www.facebook.com/steven.snyder.790/posts/10209248471603589?pnref=story

I notice the uploaded versions appear slightly soft on this page, possibly a little better on Face Book.

Thanks for viewing

Steve

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Measure how much of the front element protrudes from the mounting flange and pick up some cheap extension tubes that will clear the protruding front element of the TC and a NEX body cap and you are done.  Or get an xxx brand to nex adapter and the corresponding xxx body cap and that's that.  No need to muss and fuss with glue and tape or whatnot.
    • I've run across a couple of instances where I had to resort to making caps myself -- starting with the standard cap and cutting parts out and adding other parts as needed.  Lots of glue and tape to the rescue.  As Frank Zappa once said -- "Necessity is the Mother of Invention" -- or was that Thomas Edison?  Or George Eastman???
    • You may be able to find a spare parts supplier for Sony parts. I found the name and address of the supplier in my country from one of the support pages on the Sony site. The supplier basically warehouses a whole lot of parts for several manufacturers. The bonus is that the spare parts are packaging simply in brown boxes or plastic bags - not camera shop glossy packaging, so they are often cheaper. I got some lens rear caps and a camera body cap for substantially less from them. See if you can find the spare parts supplier for your country (the one in my country doesn't do international sales!).