24 replies to this topic

#21 Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:00 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
If the suggestion that all recent batches are affected, it will be better to return it and wait for Sony to fix the bug.

#22 scrane

scrane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

As reported on FM and DPR all samples with sn 180xxxx have been ok, but about 50% of samples with sn 181xxxx have been bad. When using AF-S, the camera focuses wide open and the stops down to shooting aperture and the resulting photo is very much out of focus if a aperture outside of f4 is used. Using AF-C the camera focuses at shooting aperture and the problem will not manifest itself.

#23 lovehifi

lovehifi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

Thank goodness. Received my third copy today and all is great! Glad to put that behind me and start enjoying my new (and working) 24-105mm lens. 

#24 Scott Free

Scott Free

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 02:07 AM

Can you post the serial number, lovehifi? I'm wondering because a new batch is showing up on Amazon and B&H (and presumably others.) I'm wondering if yours is from this new batch, and what the serial numbers might be.

#25 lovehifi

lovehifi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:33 PM

Here is a Sony link to see if your 24-105mm is affected. Just punch in the SN. https://esupport.son...p_project_id=18

• Chrissie and scrane like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X