Bird In Flight -- share your BIF photos here!!!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony A9 with Canon 400mm F4 DO II and Metabones V adapter. (www.larrywongphotography.com)

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• OSS (stabilized optics) and IBIS (stabilized sensor) work in conjunction so the combined stabilization will be better than either one separately. The difference isn't huge though: remember that if the combined stabilization is twice as effective, it's only one stop. So e.g. if both OSS and IBIS give 4 stops of stabilization, the combination might give up to 5 stops of stabilization (not 8). Each type of stabilization has its strengths and weaknesses though: OSS can't correct for roll motion but from personal experiece it's better for video than IBIS. OSS can also correct pitch and yaw motion better than IBIS, which is especially relevant for long tele lenses. When combined, you benefit from the strengths of each type of stabilization.
    • My a850 probably uses a different battery, but the "dynamics" are probably the same.  It's a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack. It states in the manual that when the light on the charger goes out, a "Normal charge is completed".  It goes on to states that one hour AFTER the led goes out, a "Full charge is completed". It goes on to state that a "Normal charge" for a "fully depleted" battery takes 175 minutes.  A "Full charge" takes 235 minutes. It does NOT state what percentage you will get from a "Normal charge".  I have to assume it is below 100%. Why the LED goes out before a "Full charge" is completed is a puzzler to be, but maybe you should read the fine print in your manual.  It very well may say the same thing as my manual -- in small print with an asterisk.  Assuming that you have a relatively new battery, try charging it until the LED goes out.  Then check the percentage.  I bet it will be below 100%.  Then charge it for another hour and see what you get. It may also be different if you are charging in the camera versus in a charger (my only option).
    • Try using the battery all the way down to around 15% charge or so. Then charge it back up and see if it gets to 100%.
    • Does the usage of stabilized lens (like Sony FE 24-70mm f2.8 GM) on stabilized body (like Sony a7c) give us double stabilization? Will it have an advantage over non stabilized lens (like Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art)?
    • This is happening for me as well. The indicator shows it is done charging but only charges to 94-95%. Hoping someone on here can help us.
  • Topics