Mr_A7s

Bird In Flight -- share your BIF photos here!!!

Considering this is the "Bird in Flight" category, your last foto qualified by a razor-thin margin only  😉

No, just kidding. Nice shot and interesting moment of the flight. I assume it's the landing, as he is still carrying a twig in his beek?

1971. Nikon F. 35 mm camera. Kodak Kodacolor 125 Film. Montauk, NY

I don't remember the settings. It was scanned from a 3.5 x 5 print at 180 dpi about 30 years ago.

John

Jonathan_Livingston_Seagull.jpg

Edited by DrJohn

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

1578940182_BrownFalconWTP(54).jpg.41374d0a3f382eb02ffa38c27de70be0.jpgHope you don't mind a repost from the introductions thread ...

Nikon D500 & 200-500mm. Waiting for the Sony to arrive.

I've completely gone over to Sony after using Nikon since the 70s. I have the A7RIII. It is an incredible camera.

John

On 1/26/2019 at 5:55 AM, DrJohn said:

I've completely gone over to Sony after using Nikon since the 70s. I have the A7RIII. It is an incredible camera.

John

Looking forward to seeing how Sony works.

I've shot Nikon for 10 months. They lost me with the Z offerings - where's the innovation? 

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Looking forward to seeing how Sony works.

I've shot Nikon for 10 months. They lost me with the Z offerings - where's the innovation? 

It's a desperate attempt by Nikon to catch up to Sony. But, they have a long way to go. I love my A7RIII.

John

Ok, this one's a bit different. Hand-held digiscoping with Swarovski STX85, 25-60X Eyepiece at 25X, Sony a6300, Sigma 30mm f2.8 DN at f2.8, Digidapter. EFL~1300 mm. 1/1000 sec. ISO 3200. Shooting 10fps helps a bunch, as does rolling focus ring that helps with extremely shallow depth of focus. Distance 15 feet.

DSC00490RubythroatedHummingbird.jpg

Went on a pelagic cruise - a day out to the edge of the continental shelf on the Southern ocean.  Shot 3,300 frames.  In firmware 4.0 I don't think expanded flexible spot is as good as Lock-on AF.

This is a Shy Albatross - wingspan up to 2.5m.

A9, 100-400mm & 1.4 TC

Shy Albatross Port Fairy pelagic (41).jpg

Edited by Ziggy