Samyang 35 f/1.2 on Full Frame Camera

Knives79

Hello, after a 3 month experience with the Voigtlander Nokton 35 1.4 Classic, where I disappointed from the curve focus plane (see this page), I decided to sell it and to find something else.

I tried for fun a Samyang 35 F/1.2 lens (which is an APS-C lens) on the Sony A7II in Full Frame mode, and... wow!

At the lowest distance of focus (around 38cm) the coverage of the sensor is almost complete, at 2.8 the vignetting is really small and the center sharpness is very good.

At infinity, the vignetting is a little more pronounced, with dark corners. If you crop the  image a little bit (I think less than 10%) and apply 60% of light fall correction in C1, the lens is really usable. Obviously the sharpness fall off on the borders (left and right, top and bottom are good enough). It's similar to the "vintage" effect on CV lenses.

I just put here some examples (ARW and JPG), more will come next days and I'm uploading some photos on Flickr.

For now I'm pretty happy, in my opinion wide open is better than the CV 35 1.4, wich is better closing the diaphram.

Files on Dropbox

Best regards,

Marco.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!