A6000 Purchaser.....should I get the 55-210 Zoom?

pjmsj21

Hi

Getting the A6000 and am looking for input as to whether I should opt and add the kit zoom or live with the camera for a while to see what I need?  I will be using the camera for general photography including travel, family, pets and as a tool to get back into photgraphy from my film days of using my darkroom and 35mm cameras.

I will likely add a fast prime 35mm but want to see if I should take advantage of getting the tele zoom while it is reasonably cheap.

TIA 

Pat

• 2 months later...

The 55-210 is pretty decent with respect to its "value for money" and its relatively small size. It will help you with the type of photography for family and pets (portraits). Do not expect "national geographic" quality of photos, but is surely worth buying especially if you keen on cost, weight and size. Despite the fact that I have the 18-200 silver, but felt happy buying the 55-210 for the above reasons when shooting portraits. 

One more piece of information, in case you need flash, you can use the camera's built-in flash with the 55-210 without casting shadow (of course if you do not use the hood on).

In case you are looking for top notch quality, this would not be your target, but as I said ... it is "good value for money", especially if you by it second hand,

• 1 month later...