a7R iii - needs customizable menus

The a7r iii (and other a7 cameras) have received a lot of criticism regarding their menu systems.  I suppose the criticism should be expected as more features are added to the a7 cameras and the menus become increasingly complex.

I really believe that the solution is for Sony to create a way for the end user to customize the camera menu for his/her own needs.  If you agree, may I suggest that you chime in to encourage Sony to create something that allows menu customization, and spread the word to other photographers.  Maybe as a community, we can get Sony's attention and inspire them to action.

Here is a detailed description of an idea to solve the menu problem.

https://community.sony.com/t5/Join-the-Inspiration/Sony-a7r-iii-camera-menu-idea/idi-p/655678

The a7r iii (and other a7 cameras) have received a lot of criticism regarding their menu systems.  I suppose the criticism should be expected as more features are added to the a7 cameras and the menus become increasingly complex.

I really believe that the solution is for Sony to create a way for the end user to customize the camera menu for his/her own needs.  If you agree, may I suggest that you chime in to encourage Sony to create something that allows menu customization, and spread the word to other photographers.  Maybe as a community, we can get Sony's attention and inspire them to action.

Here is a detailed description of an idea to solve the menu problem.

https://community.sony.com/t5/Join-the-Inspiration/Sony-a7r-iii-camera-menu-idea/idi-p/655678

The A7RM3 has that option already. The menu consists of 6 chapters, the last one being marked with a star. This is a blank chapter / page,  fully customizable to add the items you need or use the most. Moreover, the menu has been streamlined too. The individual pages in the chapters now have a heading like "movie", "af" etc. 

Yes, you are correct, the menu system has improved.  My apologies for not being more clear.  My comments are primarily for advanced professional applications where things are changing rapidly during a shoot and time is of the essence.  Completely customizable menus (with unlimited options) allow for workflow specific menu structures to aid in very rapid changes to the camera to meet sudden needs.  Customizable menus would also help with photo teams that consist of seasoned and rookie shooters.  A camera system that could be set up ahead of time by senior staff with specialized menus and "methods" could be used by the rookies with less worry for mistakes.  Sometimes a "rookie" shooter is the only one next to that unexpected special moment at a wedding shoot, and having a camera that has "simplified" operation or can be very quickly set for the environment can be a life saver.

I have trained hundreds of people over the years and believe very strongly in mentoring the "next generation".  Of course, camera handling is a necessary skill but artistry is much more important for the end product; having both is ideal and necessary ultimately.  I can tell you that taking the mechanical camera operation out of the equation as much as possible really helps a "rookie" shine because they are allowed to be creative with less worry about camera operation.  Of course, they need to learn how to fully handle a camera but letting them find their creative voice is most important IMO.  It also makes for very happy clients when you present them with that one in a million shot of a fleeting moment of emotion that is also correctly exposed.

Anyway, this is just a long winded way of saying that completely customizable menus open up numerous possibilities for camera use that otherwise would not be possible.  Does the current menu work well, of course it does.  However, opening it up to complete customization also opens up new workflows, new ways of using the camera, new ways to bring up the next generation of photographers, and ultimately new ways to be expressive with photography especially in time sensitive situations.  For me the camera should be more like a lump of clay that can be molded and used to create your vision.  The more flexible it can be, the better.

Just my perspective ...