A6300 SD card issue

Just picked up and a6300 last week. I do lots of video work so I switched over from DSLRs.

The camera is amazing - but I spent the day in the rockies today and took probably about 300 shots, including lots of great wildlife clips. Near the end of the day i turned on my camera to take a quick shot, after i took the shot it said something along the lines of "please wait... processing image". I'm not sure ecatly what it said because I didnt think much of it at the time. So after it said that for about 5 seconds I tried just shutting my camera off and turning it back on. When it came back on it came up with a "image database not ready" screen and wanted me to retrieve data from the card. I proceed but it couldnt retrieve data. After tinkering for a few minutes it just had a black screen when i would turn on my camera with the card in it. I think tried plugging my sd into my pc and my pc would make the sound it makes when an external devoce is connected but no sd drive would come up. I also tried plugging the sd into one of my canons and it would also go to a black screen when the card was plugged in.

I'm assuming the card is dead. Has this happened to anyone else? Any hope of recovering the data thats still on the card? Not that its a huge deal if I loose todays shots but I shot lots of weddings and it wold be horrible if this happened at the end of a wedding day. Let me know your thoughts...

For reference, the SD card is a 64gb Lexar micro SDHC and is about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Just picked up and a6300 last week. I do lots of video work so I switched over from DSLRs.

The camera is amazing - but I spent the day in the rockies today and took probably about 300 shots, including lots of great wildlife clips. Near the end of the day i turned on my camera to take a quick shot, after i took the shot it said something along the lines of "please wait... processing image". I'm not sure ecatly what it said because I didnt think much of it at the time. So after it said that for about 5 seconds I tried just shutting my camera off and turning it back on. When it came back on it came up with a "image database not ready" screen and wanted me to retrieve data from the card. I proceed but it couldnt retrieve data. After tinkering for a few minutes it just had a black screen when i would turn on my camera with the card in it. I think tried plugging my sd into my pc and my pc would make the sound it makes when an external devoce is connected but no sd drive would come up. I also tried plugging the sd into one of my canons and it would also go to a black screen when the card was plugged in.

I'm assuming the card is dead. Has this happened to anyone else? Any hope of recovering the data thats still on the card? Not that its a huge deal if I loose todays shots but I shot lots of weddings and it wold be horrible if this happened at the end of a wedding day. Let me know your thoughts...

For reference, the SD card is a 64gb Lexar micro SDHC and is about 6 months old.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

It sounds like a bad card. Do you have recovery software on your computer? You might get lucky and recover your pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro