New to mirrorless - Sony a6000 or a6300?

Poor Liz, lol, is she still even involved in her thread here? She got more than she bargained for in the answers to her question methinks. 

@Canujiony if you didn't come fresh out of the gate every time, insulting total strangers, (i.e. your weird first reply to me) I think you would have had a better reception to your responses overall. I don't care or mind that you are a Canon fan, makes no difference to me, everyone should be different and have a different taste etc. but when you come off trollish, basically putting down anyone who either doesn't like Canon or likes Sony instead, then yes, you won't get a very welcome response. Are you here to make friends, maybe not, but forums are usually a good place to find people with similar interest or just get help/info while finding others in the same hobby to talk with, not AT. So fine, you don't like Sony, great, but don't talk to people like they are stupid for preferring Sony, and don't come at them so argumentative in general. If you can't seem to function any other way, then maybe this isn't the forum for you.

If you happen to buy a camera that doesn't work for you you can either try to make it work or sell it and try something different.

Dude, I'm trying to sell this thing.  About two weeks of NOTHING but lowballers and cheapskates trying to get it for 50 cents on the dollar.  Said it before and I'll say it again - even trying to sell this thing echo's my whole experience of Sony - nothing but disappointment.  Gonna give it another week and then sell it to the first person who shows up with cash in hand, even if that means selling it for under $400.- CDN.  2 months old and unless something happens quickly I'm going to sell it for about 50% of what I paid for it.  What a joke.

Guest Jaf-Photo

A6000 are easy to sell but it's a high volume camera and people are moving towards the newer high-end cameras. So, the second hand prices will be on the low side. No different to trying to sell a Rebel, really.

Dude, I'm trying to sell this thing.  About two weeks of NOTHING but lowballers and cheapskates trying to get it for 50 cents on the dollar.  Said it before and I'll say it again - even trying to sell this thing echo's my whole experience of Sony - nothing but disappointment.  Gonna give it another week and then sell it to the first person who shows up with cash in hand, even if that means selling it for under $400.- CDN.  2 months old and unless something happens quickly I'm going to sell it for about 50% of what I paid for it.  What a joke.

I bought my A6000 for $350 a year ago and it is the best $350 I ever invested in photo equipment.  It turned out to be a much better value than my little Canon SL1 (which I also love), but like the Sony has plummeted in price on the used market.  Doesn't make it a joke.   Then again, I don't fry my equipment melting a dial on a heater, trash a camera, and then complain when I can't sell it!

Guest Jaf-Photo

Owners of A7RII took a 25% hit to the resale value when A7RIII was released. A6000 is competing with a lot of A6300s and some A6500s on the used market. It's just how it works.