Hey Everyone, 

I shoot a lot of different types of video and sometimes I'll shoot something with multiple takes (Short film, promo, etc). I know when we shoot which take is a good take, but I seem to be wasting time looking through my clips to find which take it was when I'm prepping my footage for proxy intake.

If any of you guys know about proxies, then you know, the less files I can proxy out the better.

Especially when editing on a laptop.

So my question is, is there and way or work around for marking clips in camera? I'd like to be able to mark the clip right after the take if I know it was a good one.

Thanks!

Pen to paper or voice to text on a phone. Do this all the time rolling film or audio. Noting the time of the hit or poignant sound bite narrows the search later on. Yes, it's just that simple. Deleting clips is a waste of time and I've often discovered a gem in what I thought unusable or something I didn't notice in the field.

(Consider recording dual files, using the low res ones for edit then switching to 4K on export. Eliminates the proxy dance entirely.)