Is it possible to focus and maintain light conditions while half pressing the shutter

Dear friends,

It is ever so easy to shift the camera, focus on the subject and make a composition prior to taking the picture that I don't understand why the camera does not keep the light conditions as well when shifting to the frame you want to take... it would be so nice!

I know that if you shoot in manual and have a fixed ISO, that would happen, but that is not the case.

I normally use auto ISO and adjust the needs of the photo I want to shoot, depending on the shutter speed and the aperture to be used (fast shutter for moving subjects such as birds and wide open for small depth of field).

Problem here as you might have guessed is that after focusing the subject, as I move the camera to my liking, the ISO changes drastically depending on the different light conditions that frame needs.

So, Is it at all possible to "lock" ALL settings, including focus, and ISO as you shift the camera? This must be as automatic as the focus, so you don't need to make any changes turning knobs or wheels, just by half pressing the shutter once...

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but it would save a lot of hassle and you would no doubt get a higher percentage of great exposed pictures.

Thanks a lot,

Spanish Flyer 

Guest Jaf-Photo

Your Sony camera should have AEL w/Shutter setting. If you set it to ON, the camera will lock exposure when you half-press and hold the shutter button. You can also set AEL lock to toggle, which means you can lock exposure without holding the shutter button.

AF-S locks focus once it's acquired but it may be better to use AF-C Wide. It tracks well on many Sony cameras and can make sure a face or object stays in focus while you recompose.