Sigma mc 11 with Sony A7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am currently using the Canon 17-40 F/4.0 (which is a gem) on my Sony A-7 (the basic) using the fotodiox EF-E. There is actually no problem to me except the slow focusing.I also bought a Sony 16-35/4.0 Zeiss lens but the outcome is nowhere near the quality I got from the Canon 17-40

I am considering a Sigma MC-11 adapter for use with the Canon 17-40 on the Sony A7

Can anybody advise whether this would be good option or will the focus be still slow like the fotodiox

• 1 month later...

Bonjour,

Je prends ce post un peu tard mais je vais répondre quand même, j'ai utilisé cette bague MC11 sur une caméra FS7 avec une optique Canon 70-200 2.8 et le résultat est très mitigé.Afin que l'AF fonctionne il faut une bonne lumière.C'est très aléatoire mais de toute façon pour moi ça n'a aucune incidence car je travaille toujours en MAP manuel et là ce couple marche parfaitement d'une qualité exceptionnelle.

Bien à vous

Phil

Hello, I take this post a little late but I will answer anyway, I used this MC11 ring on an FS7 camera with a Canon 70-200 2.8 optics and the result is very mixed. So that the AF works a good It is very random but anyway for me it has no impact because I always work in manual MAP and there this couple works perfectly with exceptional quality. Yours Phil