what a shame Sony

We have spent our money for Sony equipment and today we needed some of the  playmemories apps.  We tried to connect but we got this message : "Signed out since the service is not distributed in the Country/Region of your account."

For God's sake. We cannot download anything of the apps for our Sony a6500 a7s II along with a6000.

What a shame for Sony. I m waiting for an answer and a solution. We are customers and we demand equal rights. What do you mean by "the service is not distributed in the Country/Region of your account" ?  It is just a software app.  We stopped our project since one of our coloborator have used to work with sony apps. 

If you have not this service available in some countries then WHY YOU SELL YOUR PRODUCTS THERE ?

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a new Sony account on Sony USA or EU then log this new account and buy the apps which you want. We have the same problem in Turkey. We can see and download only the free apps from Sony Turkey.

LG-D802 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

• 2 months later...

I bought an A9 and two GM lenses about a week ago, and have started exploring my new gear. Including updating the firmware to the newest versions, reading the user manuals thoroughly and, along the way, the license agreement to Playmemories. I chose to add to this thread because its title describes exactly how I feel right now. If my post is misplaced here, I beg your pardon.

Having said that, I can not understand why anyone voluntarily signs up to PlayMemories at all. Seems like nobody cared to read the license agreement, which basically strips the user of all data protection and privacy rights while giving Sony and its affiliates unlimited access to all of the user's data. Including counting keystrokes and other usage patterns, transferring data to different countries which may have less strict data privacy laws (Are you kidding me, Sony?). Add to that the (voluntary) linking of the camera to a smartphone's GPS capabilities and you have your privacy nightmare right at your hands.

I immediately uninstalled the App once I became aware of the license terms and conditions. Of course, a lot of advertised functionality has broken away that way. After spending a five-digit figure of Swiss Francs on the A9 and two GM lenses, this is indeed a major disappointment, as I was not expecting this hefty additional "price" tag to access advertised functionality which I had already paid for.

For wireless remote control, timelaps or bulb shots I've already bought an Ayex AX-5 controller, which seems to work fine so far. 8-)

What else?

WLAN access gives a meager 3.5 MB/s transfer rate,  LAN is limited by the capabilities of the camera's 100Mbit/s port, which translates to 10MB/s at most. Given that the camera can "produce" data at a rate of 1 GB/s (20 raw pics/s at 50MB each), it takes 100 (one-hundred!) times as long to transfer data from the camera to an ftp server as it does to take the pictures. Seems like equipping the camera with a Gigabit port would have cut too deeply into Sony's profit margin.

USB-cable connection gives 35 MB/s transfer rate, and direct transfer of the memory card into a card reader delivers 74.0 MB/s. At last. The good old fashioned way.

I do like the quality of the camera and the GM lenses though, which I've only barely started to explore.