Unable to playback sound on a6000 camera

Hi everyone!

I've tried troubleshooting on my own to no avail.

I've tried to playback video on my camera, but heard no sound from the camera.  I tried multiple videos.  I went to the settings tab and switched the audio off, then back on. Still no sound.  

Has anyone had this issue and was able to resolve it?  I can't find much help on Google.

I bought my camera July 2016 and have been using it mainly to record video (unexpectedly!).  Last night, I recorded two videos, one 17 min and the other 27 minutes, with a break in between each recording.  I wonder (and hope that I haven't!) somehow overheated or caused some kind of malfunction by recording long videos :/

Thanks for reading, and I super appreciate any help on this matter :)

• 4 weeks later...

For my AR7II at least...You should be able to change audio settings and record sound.

In order to hear the sound you need to have an external power source out to speaker. I am talking about getting the best sound possible. About better recording sound you need a dedicated mic.

The camera ( at least mine ) has internal mic ???? however the output sound is low by itself without plugging anything in with a power source. The camera ( at least mine ) has two inputs. One for power and one for the device you are using. I believe this is the audio out???

The camera is suppose to shut-off automatically after 30 minutes ( all photo only cameras ) when you use the video long enough. Otherwise you will have to invest in external recording methods and turn your camera into a dedicated camcorder.

My understanding some of these cameras had firmware fixes that has anti-shut off option and leaves that responsibility to you???