Photo
- - - - -

SONY SF-G Series UHS-II SD any improvement on an A7R2?

Best SD memory A7R2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpanishFlyer

SpanishFlyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSpain (Asturias)

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Dear friends,

Been rather detached from the forum for many reasons, one being that I had no real problem with my Sony gear...

Nevertheless, lately, and "shooting" birds (in the kind way), I have found my A7R2 rather lazy when firing in the high speed mode; it will fire 5 shots at once, but then stop and even with the button pressed I have to wait for what it seems to be ages till it fires once more, and even then it will shoot when it decides, not when I want to.

My actual memory card is the Scandisk Extreme Pro 128 gb.

So my question is simple; will the newest and fastest Sony SF-G UHS-II solve my problem to an extent? I know that with such a short buffer and 42 + GB files, I can't expect it to improve much, but any improvement might be worthwhile...

Since I will be visiting the US by the end of July, it might be the best option to purchasing this new memory, but need to know before I leave Spain.

Thank you all and best regards,

Spanish Flyer

#2 Guest_all8_*

Guest_all8_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

hi,

apparently not : https://www.camerame...xc-memory-card/

compared against the previous generation of cards, perhaps 10% faster, need the A9 camera to get the big speed increase.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Best SD memory, A7R2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X