HDR bracketing with back button focus

I have had my A7II for a while and I really like it. But there is one issue that makes me so mad I sometimes consider changing camera just because of that. And I just want to confirm that there is no workaround for this that I have missed. The issue is that I'm always use back button focus and that seems to prevent me from taking HDR bracketed images in a good way. The reason is that the camera does not allow to take HDR bracketed images using timer (like the A7RII does) and then you need to use a remote to not shake the camera. However, the remote doesn't allow you to take pictures if the AF is not enabled for the shutter button (i.e. when I use back button focus, the remote doesn't work). Is there a workaround for this? In my opinion ever serious landscape photographer uses back button focus (or manual), so it's a deal breaker to not be able to take HDR in any sane way with this enabled... :(

I`m using with my A7II the FocusBracket by obs1dium. You can find it: https://sony-pmca.appspot.com/apps

To get it you need to use the Internet Explorer, how to install there are several infos in the internet.

The app is working with Manual Focus Mode (no problem: use your BackButtonFocus before starting the app).

Inside the app for example -2 / +2 and a shutter delay of 2 seconds. And there you are with 5 shots without using a remote control.-

This clever guys wrote this little app because Sony is not able updating the firmware because they are sooooooo busy presenting the A9 (no doubr a fantastic camera, but für sure not for the money bag ofevery interested photograpfer).

Sooo .... to avoid the expense of a new camera I would  

1. Use the personal menu to get easy rapid access to 

moving AF activation between the back button and the 

shutter button.   

2. Do the HDR bracketing in MF. 

YMMV.   

OOOOPS ...... sorry. Was thinking of my other-other 

camera. No perznal menu in the a7-II. Mebbe time for 

a new camera after all.