Hello and help

ffergie

Hi.  I am a photo enthusiast with a recently acquired A6000 with a 16-50 kit and 55-210.

I have toyed with legacy lenses on my D7100 and plan to dabble with them on my 6K.

My question: last week I purchased 11 old lenses and I am curious about their functionality 

with the 6K.  Would it be acceptable to post a list of the lenses to see if there are any members

who have any experience with the lenses?

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the interest.  I have tried researching the lenses with mixed success but hey, only paid $40 for all 11 lenses and it's all for fun right.  A couple of the lenses seem like they are brand new and all the glass seems to be clean. I know some of the lenses are quite obscure but my plan is to eventually pick up Chinese adapters to at least try all of the lenses on my 6000; I heard that interesting results can be obtained from odd lenses.  The way I am looking at this adventure is that for an investment of around $100, I will have 11 lenses that may produce some unique results on my 6000.  Fun!!!

Here are the lenses:  Makinon 80-200mm f4.5, Makinon 28mm f2.8, Yashica ML 50mm f2, Opticam 135mm f2.8, Mamiya/Sekor 50mm f2, Karl Gener 135mm f2.8, KitStar 35-70 f3.5-4.5, Image MC Zoom 80-200mm f4.5, Petri 45mm f2.8, Macro Rokkor QF 50mm f3.5 and Tele Rokkor-X QD 135mm f3.5.

Based on the research I have done, I have a C/Y and an M42 to E mount adapter ordered for my 6000 for a few of the lenses and I am looking at a Minolta to E adapter later.

Thanks in advance for any help and input that you may have.

Have fun but don't overspend on adapters. 

You did get the lenses for just about half of 

market value ... just don't undo your bargain !   

EDIT: Oops ... just noticed the Macro Rokkor. 

That one is worth somewhat more than all the

others collectively. You got that for $11 and if 

it's problem-free, you almost stole it. The rest 

are freebies in that context :-) 

Have fun but don't overspend on adapters.

You did get the lenses for just about half of

market value ... just don't undo your bargain !

EDIT: Oops ... just noticed the Macro Rokkor.

That one is worth somewhat more than all the

others collectively. You got that for $11 and if

it's problem-free, you almost stole it. The rest

are freebies in that context :-)

Thanks for the reply. That is why I am going with the cheapest adapters, they seem to work well and, well, they are cheap. The Macro Rokkor is the one that intrigues me most and it it in "like-new" condition. This will be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest Jaf-Photo

You did well. The Rokkors are all good, the Yasica and Mamiya too.

The IQ from these lenses will be good, better than current budget lenses.

The challenge will be to practice your manual focusing skills. Even with highiights, it takes some practice to nail focus.

If you pictures look soft, it's likely because focus is slightly off. Try magnify to focus to see the difference.

Thanks for the replies.  I was able to find a site that identifies my Macro Rokkor 50mm as a first generation of the lens built between 1958-1966.  I also learned that it has the reverse ring which allows me to shoot with the lens reversed; this allows greater than 1:1 (I think).  Adapters are all ordered and I anxiously await being able to explore these "new" lenses.

Thanks again.