Sign in to follow this  
bonzphotography

a6000 won't turn on after attempting firmware update

I tried to do the firmware update on my a6000. I got a message that said aborted, remove and replace battery and start again. When I put the battery back in, the camera wouldn't turn on. The red light by the battery compartment stayed on even when the camera was turned off.  The only time the red light goes off is when I remove the battery. I tried other batteries and had the same issue.

Suggestions, please.  Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

On 2/8/2017 at 5:43 PM, Dollanganger said:

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

I had the same problem.

and the charging light of my a6300 won't light up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By majko
      Greetings, I wonder if someone could help me with pinpointing the problem.
      I am new Sony user (long time Canon user). Bought secondhand A6000 and used it for a few days with M42 to NEX adapter, since I have M42 lenses in abundance.
      Today I received 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens, wanted to compare it to Canon lens kit, and to tell you truthfully it is splendid little lens, much better than Cannon 18-55 lens. Until it kinda stopped working. Auto focus became very strange, it either not working with lens fully opened (motor is not working), or I can hear motor working with big F stop, but it is not focusing accurately.
      Web search didn't gave me enough relevant result, so I would be very grateful if someone here could tell me what could be the problem, with camera itself or the lens.
      Only thing that I have tried is to reset camera setting, but that didn't helped. Any ideas?
      P.S. No one of my friends is using Sony, so I have no access to another lens to try, or another camera.
    • By rob6000
      Hi!
      I've given up. It's hopeless trying to Google my way out of this pickle. Every time I mention "bulb" the search just shows websites instructing you on how to turn it ON. And trust me, I've looked and tried to retrace my steps.
      I was out hiking last week. During this time I took a lat of photos and let the A6000 hang around my neck, as well as packed in a relatively big fanny pack. When I got home I realized that a bunch of the last photos I took were all smeared. That's when I notice the shutter speed expressed as 30" instead of the regular 1/600. I'm not all that technical when it boils down to hardcore camera science, but I love taking photos during these kind of adventures. And I love my camera. That's why I'm now reaching out to you guys.
      What's the problem? How do I "get back" to the regular display of shutter speed? In short, how the F do I switch of bulb mode?
      I recorded a short vid on my phone to demonstrate. It's not at all very detailed or thorough, but I hope it's enough.
      Thank you!

• By WoyBoy
      Help! I have an A7 and an A6000. I cleaned the sensor on both today using the VSGO kit. When I was finished I tried to turn them on. The A7 was completely dead. Changed battery, Dead. Same again with the third battery. I would expect these would all be 70 to 90% at this point. I tried the A6000 with a fourth battery (already in the A6000) and it worked. I moved that battery to the A7, dead. Put it back in the A6000, dead. Removed the last strands of hair from my head. I put the battery that had worked, back in the A6000. Dead. I swapped lenses on the A6000 and turned it back on. Worked. Put that battery in the A7, dead. It appears the A7 is fooling the battery into not working. Any ideas would be very gratefully received  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. :)

• By Dondeando
      a6000

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Austin Susan
      My husband and I each had NEX-6 cameras, and each had serious problems with screen delamination. We had one of the two cameras repaired, and replaced one with the A6000 a couple of years ago.
      My A6000 is showing signs of a similar problem developing at one edge inthe dark area outside of the viewing screen. So for now, it's a cosmetic problem. But I think it's just a matter of time before the "bubbles" make their way to the viewing area of the screen. Of course, the problem developed after the warranty expired. Having invested a lot of money in quality lenses, we are quite unhappy to have a problem like this occur with all 3 of our Sony cameras...and are wondering if we should switch or try another Sony model and hope for the best.
      Is this problem something Sony owners just have to live with, or are there models with different/better display screens? 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.