a6000 won't turn on after attempting firmware update

I tried to do the firmware update on my a6000. I got a message that said aborted, remove and replace battery and start again. When I put the battery back in, the camera wouldn't turn on. The red light by the battery compartment stayed on even when the camera was turned off.  The only time the red light goes off is when I remove the battery. I tried other batteries and had the same issue.

Suggestions, please.  Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2017 at 5:43 PM, Dollanganger said:

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

I had the same problem.

and the charging light of my a6300 won't light up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rt84
      Hey everyone!
      Just wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations for settings on the sony A7 mk1?. Going to shoot mostly stills in raw so not too worried about picture profiles just more setup info or any other pro tips.
      Also I've heard some bad things about bricking when doing firmware updates, is the newest firmware update any better and worth doing if it's out of date, I think 2016, 4.2 or 4.3 (something like that) is the newest version, also heard you get a better video codec with the update??...

Thanks 👍
    • By Arnab Ghosh
      I have sony a6400, and i want absolutely steller quality from my prime lense ( will use for portrait , street portrait category )  the options i can see is 

1. Sigma 56mm f1.4 for apsc 
      2. Sigma art 50mm f1.4 for FE 

I might upgrade to full frame may be in next 4-5 years, not immediately,  will sigma art  50mm f.14 will provide better image on a apsc body than 56mm ? In both photo and video  ? 

As the 50 art costs 2X than the 56mm, i am a bit confused.. but it that will provide that better image / video quality i am ok to pay the difference. 

If anyone has used sigma 50mm art on APsc for photo and video please let me know.
    • By Ibrahim Sajid
      I have a Sony A7ii Camera and recently I formatted a new memory card on my camera and the battery was around 40%. During the format process, the camera turned off and when I tried restarting it again, it won't show any firmware in the camera and would just flicker once with the live view display and then go black. 
      I have been trying to solve this problem and have no success till now. Please help out if any of you have any idea how to get this fixed. 

• By Phantom
      Hello everyone!

I'm new here and new to thew world of photography.
      I'm a game developer by trade and love to modify things.

I'll be posting a few of my modifications I did to my A6000 (mostly aesthetic ones) and how I went about doing them.
      Since the a6000 series all look alike I wanted to hopefully inspire some people to make theirs stand out in the crowd like mine does.

I'll post the link to my new thread once I make it and figure out the crazy file size restrictions with the pictures I wanted to include.
    • By Vinesh
      Hi all,
      Sony offers a Wifi enabled remote view/control which I find myself often using, due to what I shoot. However, the ImageEdge / Sony Alpha (A6400) camera firmware combination turns out to be very unreliable (not only to me, but to many others I read).
      Often when my phone screen goes off, I will have to go Back in the camera menu, find the remote menu item, reveal the QR and rescan, otherwise it won't work. I have hit the 'report issue' function each time (which triggers a flimsy error code in the error report (ironically) and I keep hoping this will finally be fixed someday. For a modern camera in this class, we should expect this to work.
      Additionally, I also tried ImageEdge for desktop to wirelessly transfer / preview data during shoots. After many restarts, reconnects, reinstalls it doesn't find my A6400 at all. (this would make a massive difference opposed to cable or worse; take my camera off my balanced gimbal and remove the SD card because sometimes the USB connection doesn't respond).  

In other words; Sony has is lacking big time when it comes to modern day wireless features (mobile monitor / transfer, desktop monitor / transfer). Does anyone know if there is better 3rd party software available with the capability to do this with a SonyA6400. Or; if Sony is rolling out actual fixes on this soon?

Thanks!
      - Vinesh

• Topics