Sign in to follow this  
bonzphotography

a6000 won't turn on after attempting firmware update

I tried to do the firmware update on my a6000. I got a message that said aborted, remove and replace battery and start again. When I put the battery back in, the camera wouldn't turn on. The red light by the battery compartment stayed on even when the camera was turned off.  The only time the red light goes off is when I remove the battery. I tried other batteries and had the same issue.

Suggestions, please.  Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

On 2/8/2017 at 5:43 PM, Dollanganger said:

This sounds like a death rattle. I experienced the exact same thing when my A33 died.

Try leaving the battery out of the camera for one hour and then restarting. (I presume you've already tried this)

Does the battery still charge inside of the camera? Does a light come on while the camera is plugged in while turned off?

I had the same problem.

and the charging light of my a6300 won't light up.