Casey Neistat just made the switch from Canon to Sony

Narek

Ok, I LOVE this!

Casey Neistat just switched from the Canon 80D to the Sony a7s II for this vlogs. And the title of the video is the "BEST VLOGGING CAMERA Sony vs. Canon"

If you don't know who Casey Neistat is. He's basically the biggest Vlogger on YouTube. And until today he was shooting his more than 600 daily vlogs on Canon cameras.

Until today apparently that he switched to Sony. This is a HUGE marketing win for Sony. Because Neistat has more than 6 million subscribers on the platform. Big free marketing. I bet the folks at Sony's camera department are pretty ecstatic right now!

But Casey didn't just stop there. He also criticised Sony for not including an fully articulating touch screen on the a7s II, as that would render it the "PERFECT" camera as he describes it. Check out the video to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently discovered Casey's channel, (and recently picked up a A6500 as well, just signed up here).  and his video's are great!
Really impressive how he was able to shoot and edit well made videos/vlogs on a daily basis for so long.  

I wouldn't necessarily say he's behind the times,  because for what he does and how he shoots, (if you've watched his videos) -  an articulating/forward facing screen is crucial.
in one of his video's he even mentions that the reason he wears his trademark scratched-up ray bans is specifically so he can look at the screen -but still appear to be looking at the camera.

- which is why it might be awhile until he fully switches to Sony, and he'll continue to use his 80D's for stuff where he needs to see the screen.

• 1 month later...