A6500 Bluetooth connection to iPhone 6Plus

paulvo

Hello,

I am trying to connect my A6500 to my iPhone 6+ / iOS 10.2, but I am not successful.  The Bluetooth on my iPhone is on.  The Bluetooth settings on my A6500 is on (airplane mode is off).  But I cannot find my A6500 (ICLE-6500) name in the list of devices on my iPhone. 

What did I do wrong? What other settings need I do in addition? Is my A6500 defective?

I am able to connect my A6500 to my iPhone using Wi-Fi,  but not Bluetooth.

Any help in resolving my Bluetooth connection is appreciated.

Thank you.

:-)

Hello,

I am trying to connect my A6500 to my iPhone 6+ / iOS 10.2, but I am not successful. The Bluetooth on my iPhone is on. The Bluetooth settings on my A6500 is on (airplane mode is off). But I cannot find my A6500 (ICLE-6500) name in the list of devices on my iPhone.

What did I do wrong? What other settings need I do in addition? Is my A6500 defective?

I am able to connect my A6500 to my iPhone using Wi-Fi, but not Bluetooth.

Any help in resolving my Bluetooth connection is appreciated.

Thank you.

:-)

Thinking of getting an a6500 so I hope you solve this.

I'd start from scratch by turning off both devices then turn on camera Bluetooth but not wifi. Go somewhere where the iPhone cannot connect to any other Bluetooth device. Then turn on the iPhone Bluetooth and see if it connects to a6500.

If this doesn't work try again but this time first delete all Bluetooth connections. Force the camera to see only one (a6500) Bluetooth device, 6+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

You will have to have previously set up a WiFi connection between the camera and iPhone using the Play Memories mobile app.  Once you have done that, quit out of any camera application (like Smart Remote Control) which will disconnect the phone WiFi from the camera WiFi.

Here are the instructions: http://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1640/v1/en/contents/TP0001212414.html

Then, pay particular attention to the "Preparation in Advance" section:

• You have to transfer one image from the camera to the phone using the "Send to Smartphone" using the camera's Wireless 1 Menu selection.  
  • After that I chose "Select on This Device" then "This Image". (any image or group will work)
  • Use the phone to connect to the camera WiFi again.  
  • Once connected, open the PlayMemories app and it will upload the photo to your phone.  
  • Now magically, the "Location Information Linkage" selection will appear on the PlayMemories app home screen.

Follow the rest of the instructions in the online help guide and/or the on-screen pop-ups on the iPhone and the Camera.  You have to enable the location connection on both the iPhone PlayMemories app as well as on the camera in the Wireless 2 Menu with the "Loc. Info. Link Set." selection submenu.