A6300 battery grip without the cable?

Markoe

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a battery grip for the A6300 that does not have the required wire connection on the side?    I use the Meike and have had trouble with the cable getting caught on my bag or just getting in the way while shooting.  

Thank you in advance of your replies.

A post Happy Holidays to all.

Markoe

It's my understanding that cable is only needed when shooting with the grip in the vertical position with the vert button. I recall seeing a video that mentioned that. Connects one of the release buttons to trigger via USB port something similar to a wired remote.

It's my understanding that cable is only needed when shooting with the grip in the vertical position with the vert button. I recall seeing a video that mentioned that. Connects one of the release buttons to trigger via USB port something similar to a wired remote.

Just tested this by removing the cable from the Meike remote and the camera won't function at all b/c the internal battery space is filled with an empty battery clone that has the contacts for the battery grip. When you have the cable connected between the camera body and the grip, it allows the power from the grip to be used in the camera body.  Sorry, long story but I can't use the grip without the cable and Sony does not make a grip for the A6300 from what I can tell.

Anyone else have a solution here?

• 2 weeks later...

This is something Sony fans have been upset about for a long time. They don't offer batter grips for all models! Not even high end models like the A6000 series!

It doesn't sound like there's even a third party option.

All the work arounds I can think of are more complex and troublesome than what you've already tried.

I'm wondering if you can jerry rig an A7 grip since they use the same battery. It would be an expensive test.