A7ii Lightroom tethering

EazyClic

Hi one and all, I've been using my new A7ii for the past couple of months and last night decided to try a little tethering as I've done in the past with my Eos 760d.

First off i was surprised that in this era of technological advancement, the proceedure involved in setting  this up on lightroom.

I eventually got the camera linked but i found that even though i could take pics & get them in lightroom:

the software did not list the camera on its little camera control bar in lightroom tether. 

whenever i take pics, the transfer was not consistent, i have restart the camera or its as if its just waiting for a long time to transfer the pic into lightroom.

Unlike the canon, the taken pics are not duplicated on the cameras SD card

When i had it setup on the canon everything worked much fluently & user-friendly.  Is there something i'm missing or do I need to upgrade one thing or the other? Here is the info on what i currently have:

Lightroom 6 on a macbook pro running El Capitan 10.11.5

sony remote camera control

A7ii ver.3.20 tethered via USB lead

Hopefully someone can shed some light & hopefully this setup can be more usable as i was thinking about using this setup for a little indoor shoot i have coming up.

dont see why not, use c1 to to the tethered shoot,the images will saved as shot in a folder for that shoot. if you dont want to use C1 to edit the use LR to open the images location and import them into LR and edit them.

I think you will need the bought version of C! for Sony called the pro version, the free Sony version you had wont do tethering I dont think, but I might be wrong.

the C! tethering works fine full camera control from the pc if you want inc a live view if you want and the ability to send to a iPad etc as well.

just checked in C! you can as in LR open a image in another program, and yes you can open in LR from C! with out any problems.