andyfowlie

I have used  Canon ts-e 24mm with Commlite adapter on a7ii and so far the result looks good, except there was a little bit flare when shooting agains bright light source. I think the problem is in the adapter, will compare next time with Metabones. But you can avoid it by using lens hood or just block the light with your hand. 

I use a 35/2.8 shift-only Nikkor on an a7-II and

the illumination fall-off is visible when shifted,

about 1.5 stops. Compensating for it reduces  

available dynamic range.  

BTW, a lens shade on a shifted lens is a sad

joke, unless you employ a shiftable matte box

similar to as used with a studio monorail view.

Using your hand can work very well especially

with a large card as a parasol. 

I am using the Canon TS-E´s (17, 24, 90mm) via the Metabones IV Adapter and the Olympus TS 35, 2.8 via a Novoflex Adapter on my Sony A7Rii. I am very pleased to use these Lenses on this camera. The Metabones gives me all the exif informations I need for the post production and it works perfect. The Novoflex adapter with the Olympus lens is also perfect even when you get no exif info.

For me it is a perfect combo for Architectural and landscape photography: Perfect lenses via very good adapters on a perfect camera. I love to work with them.

Hope this helps!

I us a hartblei TS Adapter with a modifite 14-24mm AFS 2,8. The newes V2 Version adapts a Canon 11-24mm lens. 

http://hartblei.de/de/whatsnew.htm

This adapter has tilt and shift. I have seen an other version at the Photokina with two shift directions. It s the first shift adaper i us ,were you can stich also with the presicon you need. I us it without the rail only on a arca P0 head.

You kann adapt all canon and nikon lenses. and a lot of them has a big usable imige cirle.

• 1 month later...

I'm using a mirex tilt-shift adapter with a Contax YC 35-70 f3.4. Excellent combination and the adapter is never leaving the lens anymore.

Works well with my other Contax lenses but the 35-70mm gives me more freedom and is as good as the primes.

And no problem with infinity,

See the second picture, taken with this combo

https://edwarddebruyn.myportfolio.com/tenerife2

And the images titled "difficult life" and "stones and mouvements" :

https://edwarddebruyn.myportfolio.com/tenerife

If you use a 14-16mm it's quite easy to have enough sharpness, like the other images almost all taken with the 16-35 f4 Sony.

Also the new Canon lenses work well with the adapter.

• 1 month later...