Sign in to follow this  
AndyWolan

Clicking sound with Sony SEL1670Z 4f/16-70mm lens

I have the Sony a6000 and I recently purchased the Sony SEL1670Z lens. When I turn the barrel of the lens, it will make a "click" sound whenever it passed the "24mm" mark. More specifically, when I rotate it from 16-70, the sound is made as it passes "24mm".

When I turn it from 70-16, it makes a louder click sound as it passed "24mm".  Is the clicking sound normal?

Thanks,

Andy

Yikes!  That stinks. Good thing I bought an extended warranty on this lens. 

I'll return it to the store and let them deal with it. 

Return it for replacement if your warranty provides

for that. Sony service has a horrible reputation.

I had the same click with my SEL1670Z copy.  

Sony support was so far beyond useless that I won't even mention their response.

Other than the annoying click itself, there seemed to be no other issues at all.  It's probably normal for that lens and completely harmless in the long run.  Even if they send you a new copy under warranty there's probably a chance the replacement would have the same issue.

So if that's the only problem with your lens, I wouldn't waste any more time on it.  Just let it be.

Return it for replacement if your warranty provides

for that. Sony service has a horrible reputation.

Although I cannot speak for their lens service I can, albeit anecdotally, speak for their service when replacing the lens assembly in my RX100M3 which I believe was a too frequent for comfort occurrence for them. Took to shop and back inside 10 working days all fixed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Timo
      Vandaag eropuit met mijn nieuwe A6500 met SEL1670Z. Wauw, wat een combinatie... 
      Het was mistig vandaag in de stad en dat leverde een paar mooie beelden.
      De combinatie reageert scherp en goed. Beetje wennen na jarenlang een grotere DSLR (A77, A700, etc.) gebruikt te hebben. De EVF werkt goed - veel beter dan de A77, maar het is even wennen dat je niet door het midden van je camera kijkt. Het schakelen tussen EVF en scherm werkt snel en goed. De instellingen zijn helder; de bediening is intuïtief (als je Sony gewend bent).
      De koppeling met mijn smartphone (voor GPS) werkt ook prima. Goede aanvulling op elkaar.

En qua gewicht is het gewoon prettig als je er een paar uur mee door de stad loopt. Dat was met de A77 wel wat anders - niet onprettig - maar na een tijdje merkte je het wel. 

Foto's te zien via: http://www.timoo.nl/a6500-testshoot/.

(RAW geschoten en via Lightroom bewerkt naar jpg).

• By rockabunny
      Hi,

I recently encountred this problem whereby when I click the shutter button and when the camera tries to focus in the viewfinder the image shakes and you can hear clicking noises as it tries to focus. The camera I use is a Sony A6000 and the lens is the SEL1670z. It only happen when I manually zoom and when the lens is extended. Its very annoying because as the camera is about to lock in on focus it suddenly shakes and the camera has to try to refocus. I can still take pictures but if video forget about it. Shakes too much when focusing. Anybody else encountered this problem? Please help.