Cheap tilt lens Olympus OM alternative for landscape use

addicted2light

When I was still using the Nex 7 I bought from China a simple tilt adapter. It is nowhere as refined as a proper tilt lens (for one it lacks a lock for the rotation) but it did the job quite nicely for a fraction of the price (I paid for mine 25$, now they sell for 50$).

Supposedly it shouldn't work on full frame, but out of curiosity I tried it anyway on the A7r. Surprise: it works flawlessly (and zero light leaks, BTW)!

For now I shot a few frames with the 24/2.8, the 35/2.8 shift, the 50/1.8 and the 135/3.5. No vignetting or corner problems with any of them so far.

To see the adapter I'm talking about, and another alternative one, you can check one old post of mine:

http://www.addicted2light.com/2014/10/17/adapters-for-a-cheap-pro-tilt-shift-lens/

In a couple of months I'll write a more comprehensive report of how well (or not) these solution works in landscape photography, so stay tuned (or subscribe via RSS or Facebook).

For the moment I'll leave you with a couple one crop (I don't seem to be able to upload the other one for some motive), just to wet your appetite.

A good weekend to everyone!

All images shot with the 24mm f/2.8

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

_DSC1136.jpg

Unsharpened if not for the standard amount applied by Photoshop. Please keep in mind that there was an extremely strong wind, so much so that in more than one occasion I had troubles standing up, so the sharpness may have suffered a bit (it topped my heavy tripod a couple times as well, even with the legs dipped into the snow!).

crop-01.jpg