24-70mm G Master and Lee Filters

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the 24-70mm G Master, and wish to use it alongside the Lee Filters 100mm system. However, in taking a shot today with the 105mm circular polariser attached, there was pretty severe vignetting. 

I tried checking the Lee Filters 'system match' prior to purchasing the lens, but there was no information on there with regards to the G Master lenses. 

Has anyone else found a problem with using the 100mm system, or specifically the 105mm circular polariser? Has anyone has success with the 150 system and this particular lens?

Thanks,

alh00020 

I don't yet have the 24-70GM and have not had the chance to try one yet however, I Use Lee filters (100mm) and the 105mm Lee Landscape polariser on the FE16-35mm and the A-mount Zeiss 16-35mm + 24-70mm and have not encountered any vignetting problems so would be surprised to find you do with the 24-70GM. Possibly the slimmer design of the new landscape polariser is the answer. 

How many slot/ guides do you have on the holder with the polariser adapter ring. I have 2 Lee filter holders, one with 3 slots and one with 2 slots and the polariser adapter ring so i can choose what best suits the scene. If you have 3 and the adapter ring then this will cause vignetting.

Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it.

Just info for anyone who may be thinking of using the G Master 24-70mm with the Lee 100mm system, in particular the Landscape Circular Polariser and Wide Angle 82mm adapter ring:

The system works with no problems at all with a single filter slot and the polariser fitted.

With two filter slots and the polariser fitted, there is very slight vignetting at 24mm and 3:2 aspect. This vignetting is gone by 27mm, and is barely present at 24mm when shooting 16:9.

With three filter slots and the polariser fitted, there is significant vignetting at 24mm and it is present until 30mm+.

Thank you for all who offered help, Admin I'm sure you can close the thread now, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the 24-70mm G Master, and wish to use it alongside the Lee Filters 100mm system. However, in taking a shot today with the 105mm circular polariser attached, there was pretty severe vignetting. 

I tried checking the Lee Filters 'system match' prior to purchasing the lens, but there was no information on there with regards to the G Master lenses. 

Has anyone else found a problem with using the 100mm system, or specifically the 105mm circular polariser? Has anyone has success with the 150 system and this particular lens?

Thanks,

alh00020 

Hi,

I use the Lee holder on Sony and wide angle Zeiss lenses. On my wide angle lens I use a special thin adaptor (supplied by Lee) that avoid vignetting.

I guess you find the problem at 24mm right? Try to change the adaptor ring.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I use the Lee holder on Sony and wide angle Zeiss lenses. On my wide angle lens I use a special thin adaptor (supplied by Lee) that avoid vignetting.

I guess you find the problem at 24mm right? Try to change the adaptor ring.

Regards

The wide angle version does not prevent vignetting completely when using the two slot holder and the landscape polarizer attached to the top, though it is a big improvment compared to the normal adaptor ring.

The wide angle version does not prevent vignetting completely when using the two slot holder and the landscape polarizer attached to the top, though it is a big improvment compared to the normal adaptor ring.

I don't get you...

I use a zeiss batis 18mm + wideangle Lee ring + 2 slot adapter and lee polarizer with NO vignetting at all.

Lee states that this combo without vignetting could be used up to 16mm lens if i recall well...

[emoji106]

I don't get you...

I use a zeiss batis 18mm + wideangle Lee ring + 2 slot adapter and lee polarizer with NO vignetting at all.

Lee states that this combo without vignetting could be used up to 16mm lens if i recall well...

[emoji106]

I own a Batis 18, too. And also use my Lee set on it. At 77mm for some reason I don't have a problem either, but on the GM I do.