Sign in to follow this  
EddN

Squirrel - Canon FD 85mm L

Shortly after getting the Canon FD 85mm f/1.2 L lens to use on the Sony A7 (Fotodiox adapter I think) I decided to take it to the park to see what wildlife I could get. I found some very cooperative squirrels. Unfortunately they were so friendly that they were often too close for the lens to focus (90cm minimum focus distance). This is an un-cropped image.

25611853262_a1ea385e25_k.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jobeyo
      I know this topic is out there in abundance but I wanted to put it in a forum where Sony products wouldn’t be bashed! 
      I saved my pennies and finally switched from a canon 80D, using an APS-C sensor, to a Sony A7iii in September. This was in an attempt to change my hobby into something that might make me some weekend money. 
      Annoyingly I could only afford to buy the Sony with the native 50mm 1.8. Unfortunately, the love affair of had with the nifty fifty from canon was sorely missed. Working as a part time family lifestyle photographer, I found it just lacked.... Something. 
      Anyway, I’ve once again been saving and want your opinions on diversifying the lenses at my disposal. I think I miss the focal length of my crop 50mm, so the highly praised Sony 85mm 1.8 the first lens in leaning towards but would you then chop the 50mm in for a little more towards say a Sigma art 35 1.4. 
      If you were after 2 general lifestyle primes to go with a 70-200 canon f4, what would they be? 
      Thanks for your thoughts and I’m pleased to be joking the community! 
    • By nathan4815
      Hey! I just recently bought the Fotodiox mount adapter from Nikkor F-Mount to E- mount, so I can use my two Rokinon lenses on my a7 camera.
      I have the Rokinon 16mm t2.2 full frame and Rokinon 85mm t1.5 full frame. I tried the adapter with my 16mm and it worked just fine both APS-C OFF and ON. But the 85mm doesn't work when I switch between APS-C OFF and ON and it stays in ON , so I can't use the whole full frame and it sticks with the crop APS-C. I've just tried these settings in the a7  Menu since I can't find anywhere else an option to work this out. 
      Any ideas?

Thank you ! 
    • By ChrisGenos
      Hi! I just want to see if anyone used sony a7 first gen with Sigma Mc-11 and Sigma Art 24-70mm. I'm just wondering if the eye AF is working and how's the autofocus speed? Thank you so much!
    • By graniteinlo
      I want to switch to a full frame camera and Fuji doesn't offer one. I am looking at the Sony A7 and need a 24-120 (or similar) F4 lens to use when I travel. The Sony lenses are a bit pricey for me and I want your opinions on Tokina, Sigma, and Tamron in this focal range. If you have any experience with these lenses please comment with your recommendations.

Thanks!