Intensifier Glass Filter for Samyang 12mm f2.0

a_pavlin

Im searching light polution filter for Samyang 12mm, I did read about Hoya Red Intensifier on LonelySpeck, but you can order it only from B&H Photo and Im from Europe and beacuse of it prices are terribly high if I order it... Anyone knows other solution (in Europe)?

Thanks

Other brands i.e. Tiffen or B+W have didymium/rare earth filters, too. They are called enhancing filters, warming filters or red intensifiers. In the film era they were used to enhance autumn and rust colors. But the demand for those filters plumeted since then and it is hard to come by a copy. I searched for 2 months for a 72mm filter and eventually found a 62mm Tiffen that was sold on amazon.it. May be you get lucky and find a filter that is usable via step up or step down rings. Hoya Germany does not even import these filters anymore but the salesman told me that I haven't been the only one enquiring information on this very filter lately. Ian Norman seems to have wrecked the market ^^

Good luck,

Ben

Check the Singh Ray Filter web-site, several different types of color intensifier filters including their unique blue and gold circular polarizing filter(which sounds like what you are looking for), Plus lots of how to tech articles on how to use and post process when using their filters by numerous well known photogs. The Only downside to the Singh Ray filters is their cost however  they are optically hi-quality. Currently I am currently using some of their square ND filter kits on my A 7's using Lee filter holders. I know that they are stocked in Europe since I lost my filter wallet / holder while photographing(in the closing days of film photography) the world Gypsy Festival (plus the annual opening of the crypt of Saint Sarah / Black Sara) in Saintes- Marie- de-La-Mer in the South of France and was able to get some replacements from a store in Marseilles.  

• 2 weeks later...

Im searching light polution filter for Samyang 12mm, I did read about Hoya Red Intensifier on LonelySpeck, but you can order it only from B&H Photo and Im from Europe and beacuse of it prices are terribly high if I order it... Anyone knows other solution (in Europe)?Thanks

I ordered mine on eBay for cheaper than I found on B&H. Check there. Maybe there's a EU seller that can give you a better price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...