Having clicks and shakes when trying to focus problem

Hi,

I recently encountred this problem whereby when I click the shutter button and when the camera tries to focus in the viewfinder the image shakes and you can hear clicking noises as it tries to focus. The camera I use is a Sony A6000 and the lens is the SEL1670z. It only happen when I manually zoom and when the lens is extended. Its very annoying because as the camera is about to lock in on focus it suddenly shakes and the camera has to try to refocus. I can still take pictures but if video forget about it. Shakes too much when focusing. Anybody else encountered this problem? Please help.

My 1670Z would make a slight clicking noise while zooming in/out. That was a brand new lens, right out of the box.  

There didn't seem to be any problem other than the click itself.  But who know what it could develop into over time.

I called tech support, and they told me to update my camera firmware.

I've since sold that lens.

My 1670Z would make a slight clicking noise while zooming in/out. That was a brand new lens, right out of the box.  

There didn't seem to be any problem other than the click itself.  But who know what it could develop into over time.

I called tech support, and they told me to update my camera firmware.

I've since sold that lens.

What lens did you replace this with? To be honest I love this lens cause it is a great all rounder especially when travelling.

Well I actually sold my whole E-mount system and went A-mount.  Now my every day lens is the 16-50 2.8 on an A77II, and OMG it is my new favorite lens of all time!  It is way better than the 16-70Z.

If I ever go back to E-mount I am keeping this lens and picking up an adapter.  It is fast, and it is crazy sharp even wide open and I want to keep it for a long time.  It's the first lens that I've ever really said that about.